Thursday, December 2, 2010

"SPARE PARTS " (3rd of my series)



Spare Parts

Spare parts, spare parts,
my life ain’t been nothin' but spare parts.
A little piece of this and a little part of that
But nothin’ seems to fit and
I’m wondering where I’m at.

I spent my youth as one of six
Each more needy than the other
I watched three husbands come and go...
None of us could please my mother

I didn’t know the reasons,
Perhaps I never could.
But life at home was hard for me...
Robbed me of my childhood

At sixteen, I hit the street
Trying to find my way.
Had no choice but to keep on trying...
For every single day.

My break came when I was twenty...
At least I thought so then.
I fell in love with Love itself
I thought it would never end.

But love fell in, and love fell out
And I’m back where I started
Still going round in circles...
But, now I’m broken-hearted.

I guess I’m doomed, you might say...
Alone from beginning to end.
Now my man has left me, and
I’m back to Square One again.

Spare parts, spare parts,
my life ain’t been nothin’
But spare parts.
A little piece of this and a little part of that
But nothin’ fits together...
I’m still wondering where I’m at.

No comments: