Friday, December 24, 2010

"BENT OUTTA SHAPE--AGAIN" (11th in my series)

Bent Outta Shape--Again

So well, here we go again
It’s come back on around.
It never fails to blow my mind
When you bring your self to town.

I always think I’m over you
I think I’m doing fine.
I go about my daily business
Smiling all the time.
I made the old familiar promise
After we split up
I’d never give my heart again
Or share the Loving Cup.

I told myself that when you left
That that would be the end
In a way, I guess it’s true...
I’ve never loved again.

As long as I don’t see you
(But when my eyes are closed),
I can fake it through each day,
And no one ever knows.

But soon as you appear,
Your magic takes its hold.
And, suddenly, to my surprise,
I’ve lost my self-control.

There’s a lesson to be learned
From life’s each episode,
And what I’ve learned from this one
Is such a heavy load.

It’s hard to admit it when you’re wrong,
But sometimes you have to.
If you only listen to your heart,
It really knows what’s best for you.

Well, I guess I can't deny...
I’m still in love. But then,
What’s the use to even try.
You got me bent out of shape again.

No comments: