Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"GROWING PAINS" (1st in my poetry series)


Growing Pains

You and I, we grew up alone


With no friends or family...

Children in an empty world

Lost in grown-up misery.


So when, at last, our lonesome paths


Finally met and crossed,

We sorta used each other to

Make up for that loss.


I’m tryin' now to make you see


Just why our love’s so deep.

I’m not afraid to tell the world

'Cause I know our love will keep.


I been your daddy, mama, sister, brother


And yes, your best friend too.

That’s a heavy load to carry...

It’s an awful lot to do.


I did it all unselfishly,


And now at last I see,

That all the time I was loving you,

You were really loving me.


Growing pains is what they’re called


Whenever you’re in pain.
But no matter if you’re young or old

The facts of life remain.






No comments: