Friday, February 4, 2011

"WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? (18th in the series of my poems)

"Where Do I Go From Here?"

When we were together,
I knew exactly what to do
I knew just what I wanted
Was to spend my life with you

But things have changed now.
All that’s done and through.
The only thing that’s stayed the same,
Is this love I have for you.

Now, where do I go from here
I wonder every single day.
What’s the first thing I should do
To chase these blues away?

I hug my pillow all in vain
While I cry myself to sleep.
Yet I see your face before me...
The habit’s gone too deep.

The only pleasure that I get
Is nightly in my dreams...
That’s the time I like the best.
You’re here, or so it seems.

I toss and turn and turn some more,
And as the dawn starts to appear,
The same old question comes to my mind:
Now, just where do I go from here?

No comments: