Friday, February 4, 2011

"COUNTING THE DAYS" (16th is the series of my poems)

"Counting the Days"

It’s been a long, long time
Since I looked into your eyes.
Those eyes that show so clearly
The love for me inside.

But soon we’ll be together
The miles are crawling by
And I’m counting the days
‘Til I’m in your arms,

And we lay side by side.
It’s been much too long
Since we touched and felt that thrill...
The thrill that shakes me to my soul.
I guess it always will.

But soon we’ll be as one again
The miles are rolling past,
And I’m counting the nights
‘Til I kiss those lips,
It just can’t come too fast.

I wonder if you feel it too
Are you waiting day by day?
Something you said last time we talked
Said you still feel that way.

And now it’s nearly over,
The miles are almost past.
I’m counting the beats
‘Til I’m in your arms,
And I know I’m home at last!

No comments: