Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"LETTER HOME" (24th in my series of poems)

"Letter Home"

Everything here remains the same.
Except, the sun eternally shines.
Palm trees still sway in the breeze,
Reigning forever over lights and seas.

The planets are magnificent
From the highest hilltops.
And the stars sparkle plenty
From the warm tile rooftops.

Jupiter and Saturn aligned last week...
And the full moon had a lunar shadow.
Two weeks ago, eclipse of the sun...
I think it was July sixteenth or so.

The ocean is endless and undulating...
Blue then white, blue then white.
Best beach time is when it’s forsaken...
Almost always late at the night.

The mountains pop up amid beaches and valleys.
Too far to walk, you hike or drive it.
There’s a cozy place by a tall pine tree...
Made for a quilt and grapes and tapes and we.

That’s how it is here still...
Of course, I dearly miss you
But I don’t often get lonely or bored, 
I'm surrounded by the art of Our Lord!

No comments: