Friday, March 18, 2011

"BABY COME HOME" (26th in a series of my poetry and prose)

"Baby Come Home"

Sun is shining, a new day has started.
But no day is bright, when you feel broken-hearted.

Sun is shining, plenty of light,
But my days are all dark, as if it were night.

Now that you’ve left me, crying and blue,
Nothing but grey skies have come into my view.

Everything should be cheerful and gay,
But I can’t be happy when you’re so far away.

Losing my hope and faith in myself,
Putting my heart back up on a shelf,
Can’t seem to shake it, this feeling of doubt.
How can I go on when my love light’s gone out?

I pray every morning you’ll come home today.
Don’t you know that I need you in my life to stay?
Everything I am and do is a reflection from before...
A shadow dangles over me
‘til you’re in my arms once more.

No comments: